Why a Full Stack Marketer is Necessary
Peter Theil, Reid Hoffman, and other successful entrepreneurs have noted, great distribution is key to a company’s success. 75% of startups fail because they never find product/market fit. You need to make sure you find and engage you core audience and that takes marketing.
Do you want to increase the traffic to your website or downloads of your app? Do you need help creating a community of engaged fans on social media? Just as a full stack developer is needed to understand the technology stack from end-to-end, a marketer with a full stack of digital skills is required to meet today's marketing challenges.
When Do You Need a Full Stack Marketer?
Full stack marketers are great first marketing hires. In a large organization you usually have many experts in different channels and managers who have a skills in management and strategy. Full stack marketers know all digital marketing deeply, creating a great value.
What a Full Stack Marketer Needs to Know:
Marketing & Sales
- SEO - How to acquire visitors via organic search by targeting the right keywords, building links, and optimizing your site
- PPC - How to write, price, and choose keywords to drive targeted traffic at the right acquisition cost
- Social Media - How to identify, build, and engage an audience on social platforms
- Email marketing - How to segment and engage your audience while navigating changing email rules
- App Store Marketing - How to optimize your app store listing to acquire users via app store search
- PR - How to make a splash with a new announcement, either through with a traditional press release or in coordination with media outlets
- Business Development - How to create and maintain partnerships to strategically grow your business
- Copywriting - How to write a compelling story that draws in your audience, whether in a blog post or a 140 character tweet
- Content Marketing - How to create compelling and sharable media
- Analytics - How to measure and assess changes to performance against a baseline metric
- A/B Testing - How to locally optimize your site by making small tests
- Landing Page Optimization - How to serve a page for a specific audience and use it to convert them to your goals
Where Can You Find Full Stack Marketers?
Most self identify themselves. I made a twitter list of full stack marketers I know. Also look at who the first marketing hire was at tech companies and startups.
How Can You Learn to Be A Full Stack Marketer?
My blog is dedicated to this topic. From basics to advanced tactics and process, I'm committed to helping you learn digital marketing.
To stay up to date, subscribe for the email newsletter